About the journal
The Journal of Peace and Diplomacy (JPD) is an annual multidisciplinary journal by the Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies (IPDS), Islamabad, Pakistan, that offers insights and fosters academic debate about international affairs and global and regional politics.
It is a double-blind peer-reviewed publication dedicated to the latest academic research and applied information related to international relations, peace and diplomacy, and diverse connected fields of social sciences.
JPD publishes original research papers with innovative and insightful research that advances the understanding of global events and their impact on the world. The articles cover a wide range of topics, from international security and conflict resolution to global governance, international law, and foreign policy.
The mission of the JDP is to provide a platform for scholars and experts to share and exchange their insights and analyses on pressing issues in the field of international relations and to promote interdisciplinary and diverse perspectives in the publication, to advance a deeper understanding of global politics and policies.
JPD aims to foster a diverse community of scholars, practitioners, and policymakers and to develop innovative ideas and solutions to pressing global challenges with a commitment to promote interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives and support the next generation of international relations scholars and practitioners.
At the Journal of Peace and Diplomacy, our mission is guided by the following significant core values:
- Academic Excellence: We strive to maintain the highest standards of quality and honesty in everything we publish
- Diversity and Inclusivity: We value and promote diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences across our community of authors, readers, and reviewers.
- Global Relevance: We aim to provide insightful and impactful research that is useful and has a positive impact on the most critical issues and opportunities in international relations.
- Collaboration and Dialogue: We encourage a culture of openness, collaboration, and constructive dialogue, which facilitates learning and improvement among scholars and practitioners from diverse backgrounds and fields of expertise.
- Ethical Conduct in the Publication Process: We encourage and enable adherence to ethical principles throughout every aspect of the publication process.
- Open Access: We believe that knowledge should be accessible to all and strive to make our content freely available.
JPD addresses a broad range of areas that are relevant and reflective of peace and diplomacy. The scope of papers may include research into the following disciplines:
- International Relations
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- Conflict and Peace Studies
- International Political Economy
- International Law
- Global Governance
- Security Studies
- International Organizations
- International Trade and Development
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Intervention
- Environmental Politics
- Migration and Refugees
- Regional Studies (such as European Studies, Asian Studies, American Studies, African Studies)
- Globalization and Culture
- Gender and International Relations
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism.
- International relations scholars and academics
- Diplomats and foreign policymakers
- International organizations and NGOs
- Government officials and policymakers
- Military and security analysts
- Media professionals and journalists
- Students and researchers of international relations and related disciplines
- Think tanks and research institutions
- No manuscript submission charges
- No manuscript processing or publication charges
- OJS as Journal Management System
- Articles published with DOI
- Open access to published articles for the readership
- Double-blind peer review from international relations experts
- Proofreading, reference checking, and formatting services